Garments of Praise
Garments of Praise is a ministry of Faith Harvest that provides the exchange of childrens' and adult clothes- all for FREE. Participants donate new or gently used clothes, coats, and shoes in exchange for a ticket that is used for items that others have donated! One ticket is received per garment that you donate, with a maximum determined each time. This is an outreach ministry as well, everyone can receivve some tickets, even if they have nothing to give.
We believe this ministry touches lives as people see the love of Jesus demonstrated to them! Everyone can share in this blessing!
Our next exchange will be March 22, 2014 at Faith Harvest, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
We take children's clothes of all sizes, from Infant through Juniors. For women's clothes, we take dress, business, and maternity.
We go through a strict sorting process before clothes make it to the racks on the day of the exchange. If you take a few moments of your time to observe the following guidelines, it will save our volunteers hours of labor!:
- Please bring clean, new or gently-used clothes or shoes. Send items you'd be glad to find for your self or your own children. (Please no stains or holes)
- Ladies, especially, please bring items that are similar to styles found in stores today. (If it's out of style, please don't send it.)
- We do not accept undergarments. Children's pj sets or girls nightgowns are ok.
- Ladies clothes are business casual, dress, and maternity. No pajamas or t-shirts for ladies.
- Hanging your clothes on hangers is very much appreciated and will earn you extra tickets!
We always need volunteers. Kids from mature middle-school age and up are welcome if your kids want to help! As a volunteer, you will earn extra tickets to get clothes, so that's a bonus!! If you are interested in helping or if you have questions, contact Suzanne Biegenzahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.